Wednesday 31 August 2011

the goldilocks of polka dots


So here is Paul Smith Fall 2011 collection, representing two of the biggest trends of the season, polka dots and androgyny, "girls will be boys". I can't say I've ever been a worshiper of spots, dots or anything round and repetitive, but that's partly as it reminds of the sixties and I'm not so keen on that era either, I find it too sickly and unsophisticated. But this season I've found a few collections that have put them in just the right places (the dots I mean) and paired with boy tailoring as it is here, it adds femininity without being over the top. Others I have found to have got the balance right for this winter include Marc Jacobs and Jil Sander.
I'm Hettie Glen, I'm 22 and a half and currently studying for a degree in Fashion Design.

Click here to follow Guinea Squash.