Wednesday 12 October 2011

acne

So when I say Acne I can assure you I'm not referring to the puffy inflamed vulgaris variety - instead of pimples we're thinking clean cut lines, simplistic European design and a sophisticated colour palette. The Swedish fashion house Acne Studios made a huge impact on the catwalk with their Spring Summer 2012 collection this September, really tearing away from their street-wear reputation and strong association with denim.


The collection was Moroccan inspired after designer Jonny Johansson's Marrakech city break. What I love about it is how he has taken subtle hints from the culture, the colours and the lifestyle without creating a clichéd collection just by using textiles, prints and shapes directly taken from the souks and market places. We're currently looking into the Acne brand for our Fashion Realisation case study and I've instantly taken up a genuine interest in them, I can safely say that studying clothes as beautiful as these for homework, is hardly homework at all!
I'm Hettie Glen, I'm 22 and a half and currently studying for a degree in Fashion Design.

Click here to follow Guinea Squash.