Wednesday 6 February 2013

the absence of hope

So here is a brief overview of my final major project, which will be enveloping my life for the next three months. It's called "The Absence of Hope". I'm looking at emotion and how it can be applied to fashion. My recently submitted dissertation involved the investigation of emotional branding; more specifically looking into how the fashion industry sells a desirable lifestyle in order to connect with the consumer. For this project I will essentially be doing the opposite.




The aim is to use emotion to connect by way of understanding a negative range of emotions and developing those into tangible garments that comfort the body. I will be looking at vulnerability, comfort, security and restriction - and the balance between these.

Above are some examples of pages from my research proposal. These help to visually demonstrate the mood I am going for. Click on the images to enlarge them to full screen.
I'm Hettie Glen, I'm 22 and a half and currently studying for a degree in Fashion Design.

Click here to follow Guinea Squash.