Tuesday 21 June 2011

because "everyone needs a tree"


One of my favourite collections of the season - Lanvin Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear. I love it so much I wrote an essay on it. Well, I lie, I concluded one with it, but the notion is still there. I like the block colour framed with black, the warm bright colour palette making a welcome change for the time of year - yet still holding on to some of the subtle gothic elements suggestive of winter. The contrast of the tree in the third image. The tree makes me think Tim Burton (of whom I am also a fan). Sometimes I like the 'too much' approach to design, but with Lanvin  I like the minimalism, particularly the consistently simplistic use of colour, with the perfect amount of 'muchness' to the form and silhouette to make it interesting (for want of a better word).
I'm Hettie Glen, I'm 22 and a half and currently studying for a degree in Fashion Design.

Click here to follow Guinea Squash.