Thursday 14 July 2011

the future is print


I'm in love with these prints, Givenchy Resort 2012. The third one of these looks caught my eye on the Style homepage and I decided to investigate. To view them in more detail (and this applies to all the images on my Guinea Squash) you just have to click on them. These designs reminded me of an article I read in last months Vogue on up and coming designer Mary Katrantzou and her elaborate prints.


She's just began showing her collections at London Fashion Week so I had a little spy on her *Fall 2011 collection, and the above examples are my favourites (these were also the designs showcased in the magazine on the models that were hanging out in her studio).

*I know I am British and should therefore use "Autumn/Winter 2011" but I prefer "Fall"... it sounds nicer and is quicker to write - I know this makes me sound lazy, but that's absolutely fine, because I am.
I'm Hettie Glen, I'm 22 and a half and currently studying for a degree in Fashion Design.

Click here to follow Guinea Squash.