Tuesday 26 July 2011

mountain chic


I love the pops of saturated colour this season amongst the more natural tones. Fur is definitely making a come back this season (yay!). Liking the diversity of this Emilio Pucci Fall 2011 collection, there is a huge range of tones, fabrics, textures and styles that somehow remain cohesive and still scream out Pucci to whoever will listen! Peter Dundas took inspiration from Austria and more specifically the mountains; "...mountains are part of the house DNA but I took it to the mountains my style." He particularly homed in on the portrait neckline making it a central feature to the whole collection.

I think that applying thought to the entire aesthetic surrounding a collection is also important, for example the shoes, the styling, the venue - and here I think the balance is just right. The shoes are each different in style and colour yet still compliment each outfit whilst blending with one another. I like how the hair styling says "winter windswept" and how the venue says "winter palace", really captures Dundas' personal response to the mountain theme.
I'm Hettie Glen, I'm 22 and a half and currently studying for a degree in Fashion Design.

Click here to follow Guinea Squash.