Sunday 22 January 2012

la maison curieux


In the past I've been particularly interested in Martin Margiela's experimentation with identity (and concealing it) - this would explain the histrionic sweeping hair dos and possibly the neutral colour palette. This is the Spring Summer 2012 collection from Maison Martin Margiela. There are hints of deconstruction but with the main emphasis on the shapes and silhouettes. Dramatic draping and cowled tops with cowled bottoms. I like the functionless details of the skirt on the right with the adaption of the classic white shirt.

The mix of fabric density and white with beige and darks is an intriguing choice for spring; when I came across this collection I genuinely had to check that I was in the right section and hadn't accidentally wandered into winter! I guess Margiela will do as Margiela does!
I'm Hettie Glen, I'm 22 and a half and currently studying for a degree in Fashion Design.

Click here to follow Guinea Squash.