Saturday 28 January 2012

protective undergrowth


So this project was for our Fashion Realisation unit. The first part, we had to come up with a new brand following some market research, as a group (I can't lie, it's really not my favourite way of working; "I work well as part of a team" is not my first choice of clichéd response for application forms/interviews... I am extremely anal-retentive - the first step is acceptance right!?). Anyway, ours was called VINCENT. That is actually the name of my mum's cat, I liked it so I added it to the list of possible names, others included Morton, Seminal and Piano? And the girls chose Vincent so there we have it.


The second part of the project was to develop a trend, taking inspiration from the general trends of Autumn/Winter '12 and gathering our own primary influences. Then using this, we had to create a silhouette, colour palette, design details etc. to design a collection for our made-up brand.

So I looked at the Eco-Hedonism trend, and developed ideas surrounding protection, nesting, swaddling, coddling, cocoons and juxtaposed textures (all kind of depicted above on my mood board and design board - click on them to make them bigger/clearer) took some buttons from my button jar, stuck them on a leaf and photographed it. Stuff like that. There's a big ol' sketchbook from this project but I handed that in, so I may put some pages from that on here but for now this is it!
I'm Hettie Glen, I'm 22 and a half and currently studying for a degree in Fashion Design.

Click here to follow Guinea Squash.